Free tickets are distributed on each performance day via the Free Lines at the Delacorte Theater in Central Park. We recognize that ticket lines can sometimes be long and we appreciate your time and dedication.. These ticket policies are designed to maximize fairness for visitors and to make everyone’s experience as smooth and pleasant as possible.
Free tickets are distributed at 12:00PM (noon) every day that there is a public performance.
Performance days will vary from week to week, so be sure to check the performance calendar. Please remember that Central Park does not officially open until 6:00AM.
Each person (age 5+) may receive up to two (2) tickets, until we run out.
Seat locations are distributed randomly; not based on a person’s position in the line.
There are separate lines for Senior Accessibility for senior citizens (65+) and ADA Accessibility for patrons with disabilities (attestation required).
Things to know once you receive your tickets:
1. You may bring food and drink inside the theater, but please no glass containers.
2. The theater will open approximately 30 minutes prior to the start of the show. Arriving late may disrupt a quiet moment in the show, so latecomers will be seated at the discretion of theater management.
3. Children under 5 may sit on the lap of a parent or other adult. When entering the theater through your assigned gate, please ask for a lap voucher from the staff member who takes your ticket. Strollers of any kind are not allowed in the theater.
4. No performance will be canceled before 8:00PM, even if it’s raining. We may delay the beginning of the performance, but will perform if and when it is possible and safe for the actors. Click here for more information. Please be advised umbrellas may not to be used in the theater during a performance.
5. If you do not receive tickets, you may join the stand-by line after the final ticket is distributed for that day's performance.
The Public Theater staff will begin to monitor this line starting at 6:00PM. Free stand-by tickets will be distributed if and when they become available, one (1) per person.
To allow as many different people as possible to attend performances throughout the summer, each person will be limited to receiving TWO (2) free tickets to TWO (2) PERFORMANCES of each production.