The General Management department is the liaison between all departments at The Public and our productions. GM encompasses contracts, budgets, company management, union correspondence, house seats and the day to day administration of each production as well as a myriad of other organizational tasks. This internship provides an incredibly well-rounded view of what a General Management and Company Management department look like at a non-profit institution.
- Learn the many aspects of how the department functions within the organization
- Shadow company managers at occasional first rehearsals, production meetings, tech rehearsals and performances to see the role of a company manager throughout the production
- Shadow GM Planning and Programs manager in Production/GM and Show team meetings
- Observe the process of contract drafting depending on individual interest
- Gain insight in to our budgeting process
- Assist in House Seat ticketing for all shows
- General filing and upkeep of departmental files
It is very important that the intern is a self-starter, can work on their own, but also knows when to ask questions. Sense of humor required. The ideal candidate is interested in a career in theatre administration.
Position(s): One full-time GM Intern, (Mon-Fri, 10-6)
Time Span: We have three slots per year to fill: Fall (roughly Aug-Dec), Winter/Spring (roughly Jan-May) and Summer (roughly May-August)
E-mail: email@example.com cover letter and resume. We accept applications on a rolling basis for any of the above three slots.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.