The Public Theater’s digital team sits within the Marketing Department, and is responsible for paid and organic communications across search, display and social channels; digital ad creative design, development and distribution; analysis of campaigns and social platform growth; tech vendor and media agency partnerships; and website maintenance and UX/UI. The Public Theater’s Marketing team also is responsible for memberships and audience development initiatives, marketing and sales campaigns, promotions and direct mailings, as well as box office ticket sales and correspondence with patrons.
Responsibilities: Intern will primarily provide administrative, content creation and curation, graphic design, and analytical support for the Associate Digital Marketing Manager. The ideal candidate has an interest in marketing on web-based platforms, is enthusiastic about the internet marketing trends, and has a strong sense of visual design.
Schedule is 10-6pm, Monday through Friday, though some evening events may be required.
- Passionate about the theater and arts activism, with emphasis on the mission of The Public
- Demonstrated interest in technology, Internet and/or digital marketing and advertising
- Understanding of social platforms, and why content on these platforms becomes successful
- Competence in Microsoft Excel and ability to interpret data
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines
- Willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment
Position: One full-time beginning September 2017 through December 2017.
To Apply: Submit your resume, as well as the following to email@example.com:
1) A short explanation of why you’d be a good fit for this particular role
2) A list of some of your favorite social media accounts to follow, with a brief explanation (1-2 sentences) about why you think each is great
3) Links to any public personal social channels or digital portfolios you would be willing to share
No formal cover letters, please.