Joe's Pub at The Public Theater is one New York City's most celebrated and in-demand showcase venues for live music and performance. With its genre-blind booking and commitment to diversity and artist development, the stage at Joe's Pub has welcomed both world-class legends and emerging talent.
An ideal candidate for our office intern position is a college junior/senior or graduate student majoring in Music Business/Industry with a focus in Communications, specifically Marketing and Publicity. The candidate should be interested in a wide range of music and performance styles and interested in working in a live music venue.
- Proficient with basic computer (capable on both PCs and Apple products) tasks, MS Office, Photoshop & other Adobe products
- Personable and excited to work with the WIDE range of artists that perform at Joe’s Pub
- Proficient in spelling and grammar
- Interested in current music, culture and arts news
- Highly functional on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, etc) and familiar with accompanying management tools (Hootsuite, Statigram, etc)
- Detail-oriented and organized – with follow-through
- Professional manner & excellent communication skills (phone, email, in-person – both interpersonally and externally)
- Video (filming and editing) skills are a plus!
Tasks may include:
- Marquee & monthly calendar creation and coordination with the graphics department
- Creating weekly eblasts in Mail2, an online email management program
- Managing website edits using a content management system
- Assisting with original video content
- Building digital ads
- Assisting with compiling press releases and media alerts
- Maintain databases and press lists
- Helping with social media – scheduling and moderating Joe’s Pub’s various platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, etc)
- Tracking and compiling press mentions/articles/feature
- Creating comprehensive press reports
- Fulfill media requests with material delivery (photos, videos, etc)
Hours: 4 days per week, 4-5 hours per day. Daily stipend included.
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume to MRenkovski@publictheater.org