Host Sofija Stefanovic welcomes some of her favorite outsiders for a celebration of immigration!
Each month, at one of New York's finest venues, some fish-out-of-water tell true tales from their lives. Hear anecdotes about language barriers, cultural missteps, rumbles, romance, and more! From addresses to the President, to songs about first kisses, the evening is set to be one of worldly proportions.
This February, uncensored on our stage, we bring you:
- ANIL DASH (entrepreneur, and ethical and inclusive technology activist)
- NANCY MERCADO (poet, writer, educator, and activist)
- APARNA NANCHERLA (standup comedian and actress, of Inside Amy Schumer)
- AGUNDA OKEYO (writer, producer, filmmaker and activist)
- EMMA RAMOS (producer, writer and performer)
...with music from Broadway's "Fiddler"/Violin soloist from Fiddler on the Roof, KELLY HALL-TOMPKINS (accompanied by CRAIG KETTER)
In a multicultural world that harbors some strong anti-immigration feelings, being a newcomer can be uncomfortable, hilarious, and weird. But it also makes for some great stories.
Come for the stories, leave with some feelings – and enjoy drinks, laughs and cries in between.
Created by Sofija Stefanovic @sstefanovic
Produced by Trish Nelson’s BanterGirl @BanterGirlSTW
Our programmer-at-large is Michaela McGuire @michaelamcguire