Courtnee Roze The Musical is an eclectic New York-based instrumental fusion/percussion-driven band led by an amazingly multi-talented artist. Since the age of 7 Roze has been studying and playing percussion. Her instruments of choice are Djembe and Congas. This piece of creative work tells an in-depth testimony of a young female musician through song and dance. The stage visual celebrates the triumph, hardships and barriers broken by this phenomenally creative artist.
Introducing the performance across the world to various venues is the mission. Bringing a percussion-driven unit to the forefront has created a culture of its own. Drums and percussion are the heartbeat of music.
The band has been described as one of the most innovative, influential, organic, and intriguing acts of their generation. Their music is a collaborative of funk, fusion, afrobeat, soul, jazz stylings, live dance and heavy percussion. People are often filled with astonishment by the band’s diversity and power to mesmerize multi-cultural and inter-generational audiences across the world.
Formed in New York City, the band features a remarkable collective of musicians dedicated to crafting an unparalleled musical experience! The musicians perform on a variety of instruments including guitars, keyboards, woodwinds, brass, percussion, strings and taps.
The band's lineup is often in flux as members routinely perform with other artists such as, , Chrisette Michele, Alicia Keys, Bilal, J. Cole, Herbie Hancock, and others; performing other shows such as, The Lion King, Broadway Musical On Your Feet.
Besides performing in a traditional setting, Courtnee Roze is committed to musically arranging bands for artists, such as Jack Nkanga from Angola. While performing, the band has held over 50 workshops and percussion classes in New York City. Songs from the band’s up and coming album “The Musical” have been performed at music venues throughout New York City.
The musical was created to inspire the next generation of up and coming aspiring artists, musicians and entrepreneurs to push the envelope. Roze’s commanding prowess and passion for originality are abundantly clear an inimitable sound and sight experience that possesses longevity and musical trends. The music captures the ears (and hearts) of individuals that wouldn’t normally get-together on a day-to-day basis. The world has hip hop, pop, jazz, but when you place drums and percussion as driving forces, you’ll have a world filled with an enormous sense of freedom!
Courtnee Roze has performed and worked with:
- J. Cole (On Grammy Nominatied Album & Radio hit "Crooked Smile” 2013 http://www.allmusic.com/album/born-sinner-mw0002547914),
- Tom Brady,
- Tony Award winner Lachanze (The Color Purple),
- Cirque Du Soliel (Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade) and
- Alicia Keys.
Her most recent performances in New York City were:-
- Carnegie Hall (Best Buddies New York),
- United Nations (Ambassadors of Africa/ Magazine and Television),
- Joe's Pub (The Musical),
- Apollo Theater’s Main Stage and Café,
- The Barclays Center (Brooklyn Nets),
- and Madison Square Garden (New York Knicks),
- Renee Neufville of Zhane (WBLS Radio hit “Watching Me.”- 2015)
Other appearances include:
- BET Network’s Music Matters and For Colored Girls,
- a stage production directed by the award winning Mel Williams,
- What’s Eating Harlem (Television coverage & Interview on The Musical- NYC Life Channel 11/2015 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m6ospzaVYI