FREE & LOW PRICE TICKETS
JOSEPH PAPP FREE PREVIEWS.
Continuing The Public Theater’s mission to make theater accessible to all, free tickets will be given out to a preview performance of shows in the Astor Place season.
On select preview dates, free tickets can be accessed through the TodayTix Digital Lottery, The Public Theater in person lottery, and standby at The Public.
TODAYTIX DIGITAL LOTTERY:
Tickets will be available via the TodayTix digital lottery, which will launch one week before the free preview of each show. Winners will be notified by email and push notification between 12pm and 3pm on the day of that preview. You must confirm your winning tickets in the TodayTix app within one hour of being notified.
IN-PERSON LOTTERY AT THE PUBLIC:
A limited number of free tickets will be distributed via lottery in the lobby of The Public Theater at Astor Place. Entries will be accepted on the day of the performance starting at 11am with names drawn at 12pm (noon). Limit of two tickets per person. One entry per person.
STANDBY AT THE PUBLIC:
A digital standby will begin at the box office starting at 2pm the day of the free preview performance. You may enter this digital queue by visiting The Public Theater box office in person. You are discouraged from arriving to form a line in the lobby of The Public earlier than 2pm. Once in the digital queue, you will be asked to return to The Public no later than thirty (30) minutes prior to the scheduled curtain and check in with the box office. If you do not return within that window of time you forfeit your place in the queue. Free standby tickets may become available 30 minutes prior to the scheduled curtain time of each first preview performance. Patrons are able to acquire two (2) tickets per person in line and all tickets are subject to availability.
You will be required to have a Public Theater ID to receive tickets and may confirm or create an ID before arriving at the theater by visiting publictheater.org/register. Staff will be on hand at the theater to assist in this process if need be. Times may be adjusted for the Lottery and Standby at The Public. Please check performance schedules for each show for possible changes.
A limited number of $20 tickets will be made available for shows in Astor Place season through the TodayTix app, downloadable at http://www.todaytix.com. Rush tickets are not available in person at the box office.
Tickets will be available at 10am each performance day and remain available until the inventory is sold out or until 2 hours prior to the performance time.
- You will be confirmed immediately when your purchase is completed by TodayTix.
- Tickets may be picked up at the Taub Box Office beginning one hour prior to the start of the production.
Student tickets are $30.
Cash and credit cards are accepted.
Only available in person at the Taub Box Office and subject to availability.
- Valid student ID required at the time of purchase.
- Limit two ticket per person.
idNYC cardholders are eligible to join The Public Supporter program at no cost. For one year you may enjoy the following Supporter benefits (please note that these benefits will be available once The Public is able to resume programming at full capacity):
- Access to one (1) discounted ticket per production in The Public's Astor Place season
- Priority access to book into performances before the general public
- 20% off food and beverages at Joe's Pub, The Library, and The Lobby Bar
- Access to the Public Supporters Desk for dedicated customer service
- Waived ticket and facility fees when making purchases
- Free exchanges
- And more!
Activate Your idNYC Membership:
If you would still like to experience a year of membership and digtial benefits as a Public Supporter, please download this form and e-mail it, along with a scan or photo of your idNYC card, to [email protected] with the subject "idNYC Membership Application".
Please note: This offer is only valid if you have never been a Member or Public Supporter of The Public Theater, or if your last membership expired before 1/1/16. This offer cannot be used to renew an existing Supporter Membership. Applications will be processed in the order in which they are received. Due to high volume, it may take up to 7 days to process your idNYC application. You will receive a confirmation email the day after your account has been activated.
VACCINATED NEW YORKERS MEMBERSHIP OFFER.
Vaccinated New Yorkers are eligible to receive a year-long complementary membership as a Public Supporter in partnership with the Mayor’s office.
Currently, while our stages remain dark and programming is digital, benefits include:
- A digital membership card on your Public Theater account
- Dedicated staff available to you for any questions or concerns
- Weekly updates and digital show reminders
- Name acknowledgment on The Public’s website
- Free access to the art & theater being produced and presented at this moment without additional “ticket” fees or charges
- Special digital events and Livestream experiences for select productions
When we resume in-person programming at full capacity, your benefits will include those of a $100 Public Supporter:
- Access to one (1) Supporter discounted ticket per production for The Public’s downtown season for all performances (not including Joe’s Pub)
- Priority Access Periods to book into performances before the general public
- 20% off food and beverage at Joe’s Pub, The Library, and The Lobby Bar, and to other local restaurants
- Access to the Public Supporters Desk for dedicated customer service and ticketing support
- Waived ticket and handling fees for all orders
- Free exchanges and rescheduling
- Invitations to Supporter events throughout the season
Or download it here, to fill out and scan it, and a photo of your complete vaccination card, to [email protected] with the subject "Vaccinated New Yorkers Membership." You may also mail it (along with a photocopy of your completed vaccination card) to:
The Public Theater
Attn: Vaccinated New Yorker Free Supporter
425 Lafayette Street, NY, NY 10003
Please note: This offer is only valid if you have never been a Member or Public Supporter of The Public Theater or if your last membership expired before 1/1/16. This offer cannot be used to renew an existing Membership or Supporter. Supporters will be processed in the order in which they are received. Due to high volume, it may take up to 30 days to process your application and up to 90 days when mailed as The Public has still not returned to their offices. You will receive a confirmation email the day after your account has been activated.